Re: [Public WebGL] webglcontextrestored, WEBKIT_lose_context

On Wed, Apr 13, 2011 at 6:57 PM, Adrienne Walker <enne@google.com> wrote:
> Glenn makes a good point about the testing limitations of the current
> extension. ÂI think it's a good idea to add a restoreContext call,
> especially in the context of the larger discussion here. ÂIf the spec
> is revised to let contexts always be restored regardless of event
> handler registration, then there would no longer be a way to test
> prolonged lost context scenarios.

Note that with the proposed webglcontextlost behavior, you can still
trigger a prolonged lost context: don't preventDefault
webglcontextlost.  You can not, however, prolong the lost context and
then restore it at a later time.  You can't do that with the current
behavior either, though, at least in my earlier tests with Chrome 10.
If you weren't listening for webglcontextrestored when the context was
lost, it's too late to add it later.

--
Glenn Maynard