Re: [Public WebGL] Re: Long shader compiles

On what platform or platforms, and with what browser and browser
version, are you seeing the long shader compile times?

At the current time there is a known issue with long compile times,
caused by the D3DX shader compiler, on Windows in Chrome when using
ANGLE. You ought to be able to confirm whether this is the problem by
seeing whether the command line option --use-gl=desktop causes the
problem to go away. One fix is in the pipeline and should be present
in Chrome 12.

Personally I would rather try to fix these pathologically long shader
compile times than introduce a WebGL extension for asynchronous shader
compilation.

-Ken