Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL compare&contrast with Adobe Molehill APIs?

This was to work around the DirectX vs OpenGL problem that WebGL is tackling with ANGLE. It's worth noting that Apple also went to machine code for Motion: http://http.developer.nvidia.com/GPUGems2/gpugems2_chapter25.html

> With any luck it will "just die already"...but who knows?

No chance of that. I believe that Molehill will take 3D in IE, while WebGL will take 3D on mobile. I would also comment that Molehill is getting significantly better results, probably due to compiling with type information whereas it's harder to extract performance from JS.

I'm resigned to having to write my graphics code twice in this brave new world. Hopefully Silverlight will be the one that dies.

--
  steve@adam.com.au