Von: owner-public_webgl@khronos.org [owner-public_webgl@khronos.org] im Auftrag von steve@sjbaker.org [steve@sjbaker.org]
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 7. April 2011 18:20
An: Behan, Michael
Cc: 'public_webgl@khronos.org'
Betreff: Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL compare&contrast with Adobe Molehill APIs?

There doesn't seem to be much information out there.  What I know is this:

* Molehill is Adobe's effort to add proper 3D graphics to Flash.
* The actual ActionScript API is very similar to WebGL.  That's inevitable
because it's built on top of the same infrastructure...OpenGL and
Direct3D.
* The most significant (and deeply horrible) difference is that they
decided to invent their own machine-code level language for writing
shaders rather than using GLSL/Cg/HLSL!!  I can't imagine why they did
that...but that's what I'm seeing.

With any luck it will "just die already"...but who knows?

  -- Steve