Re: [Public WebGL] Volume Textures

We can argue about the current numbers but the trend is clearly that
phones and pads and netbooks are on the rise and more people will be using
the next generation of handheld game consoles for surfing.  All of those
kinds of device are engineered down to a price and to a battery budget.

Furthermore, WebGL is new - it's much easier to extend a specification in
the future than it is to restrict it once a bunch of websites are
depending upon it.

It would be very easy to make a specification that so few users could use
that developers would ignore it.  We have to be careful if we want this to
command enough market share to attract web site developers to use it.

  -- Steve