Re: [Public WebGL] Volume Textures

On Apr 2, 2011, at 5:46 AM, John Davis wrote:

> >all of the extensions there are available on at least one OpenGL ES implementation on mobile devices (iPhone).
>
> Chris,
>
> Why does the above matter if WebGL is never going to be available on iPhone/iPad/AppleTV?  Why don't we focus on what IS available?

Are you just making a fatalistic complaint that you're unhappy with the fact that iOS devices don't publicly support WebGL today? Or did you get the impression from me or someone else that iOS will never support WebGL? If you interpreted something I said in that way, then I apologize. No one at Apple can comment on if or when WebGL will be available on iOS. If you've gotten that information from a blog somewhere then you should ignore it (as is a general rule about bloggers and Apple rumors).

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com