Re: [Public WebGL] More WebGL extensions

Yeah, it's a quality issue due to lack of antialiasing. For a lot of applications, though, the quality of the output is a determining factor in whether or not something is considered 'possible'. Without this extension (or something like it) one is not able to maintain the desired quality level when using post processing effects -- without a tremendous amount of work to get custom antialiasing that in my experience has been too slow to be usable.
Hooray multisampling!

--
Ben Vanik

On Thu, Mar 31, 2011 at 10:36 AM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

On Mar 31, 2011, at 9:01 AM, Ben Vanik wrote:

> This would be a great extension to have - I haven't been able to use a lot of fun effects due to the lack of multisampling in framebuffers.

What have you been unable to do? Hopefully the non-existence of this extension wouldn't prevent any effects, it would just reduce their quality.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com