[Public WebGL] Re: WebGL on FF4/WinXP

Benoit,
I'd like to share some stats with you as well. My estimate from
yesterday is that of everyone who visited Google Body (a heavier #
than usual due to the launch), about 2% ended up filling out our
"WebGL wouldn't initialize" feedback form. (You can elicit this form
yourself as follows:
bodybrowser.googlelabs.com/index.html#sim_gl_no_init)

Just FYI, that strikes me as a lot. Probably a bunch of people ended
up in this situation who didn't fill out the form.

To address this, we link from that form to your wiki page that
explains blacklisting, as well as more general GL resources.

Just throwing this out there for your and the group's general
consideration. Is there something more, less, different we should be
doing?

What I really want is to explain to users in the plainest possible English that:
  - sorry WebGL isn't working
  - it's a new standard and we're still learning how to provide these
very advanced capabilities to everyone safely
  - in the meantime the vendors are taking a better-safe-than-sorry approach
  - and if you truly know what you're doing, then at your own sole
risk, here's how to force on WebGL

What is your take on this? What do others think!

Reminder, btw: I am not on the Chrome team and I'm sure even my fellow
Googlers may disagree with some of this. :-)