Re: [Public WebGL] Firefox 4 and blacklist reporting

On Wed, Mar 30, 2011 at 17:15, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:
> ÂÂ try { Â// need a try here because of Firefox
> ÂÂ Â canvas.addEventListener("webglcontextcreationerror", getError, false);
> ÂÂ Â ctx = canvas.getContext("webgl"); Â// and experimental-webgl
> Worse, AFAIK there's nothing in the HTML spec that says that you have to get
> the webglcontextcreationevent before the timeout. I suspect all browsers
> will send it immediately after javascript returns control to the browser but
> there's no guarantee.

DOM2 Events are synchronous by design (dispatchEvent's return value
depends on the execution of all attached event listeners).
Native code used within getContext to trigger
webglcontextcreationerror should therefore not return before all
listeners have been executed.

Regards,