Re: [Public WebGL] Resources for various WebGL error cases

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 9:43 AM, Shy Shalom <shooshx@gmail.com> wrote:
Just a quick notice, At the moment it seems that http://get.webgl.org/ doesn't do anything for IE and if _javascript_ is disabled. Giving something for IE users to read is important.

I uploaded a fix for both of these issues. It should be live in a few hours.

-gregg

On 29 March 2011 18:06, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 4:17 AM, Arthur Blume <arthurb@google.com> wrote:
Hi all,
The next version of Google Body will have a separate feedback page for each of these cases:

[1] Browser supports WebGL, but the user had a problem using Body anyway. We expect people to visit this page if (say) WebGL crashed their system.
[2] Browser doesn't support WebGL, but the user thinks it should. E.g., we tell them "try downloading Chrome 10, Firefox 4, etc." and the user thinks they already have one of those browsers.
[3] Browser supports WebGL but initialization failed.
[4] Browser supports WebGL but there was a _javascript_ error during initialization.

In each case, in addition to our own feedback form, we intend to link to appropriate khronos.org pages. Is there anything we should use other than http://get.webgl.org/troubleshooting/?

Also note: http://get.webgl.org/troubleshooting/ does not currently work for FF4/Mac. It displays an empty white bubble. It does work for Chrome 10/Mac.

Uploaded a fix for that page. Should go live in a few hours.

Thanks,
Arthur