Re: [Public WebGL] Firefox 4 and blacklist reporting

On 29/03/2011 03:57, Kenneth Russell wrote:
> The spec says that getContext() is supposed to return null, not throw
> an exception, and report a webglcontextcreationerror. See
> http://www.khronos.org/registry/webgl/specs/latest/#5.14.3 .
Neither the FAQ nor webgl-utils.js on the public wiki provide any
information about how to handle this error. In fact webgl-utils.js
recommends sending the user to get.webgl.org/troubleshooting in the case
that getContext() returns null.

I thought get.webgl.org/troubleshooting would try the context creation
again and display the error string from webglcontextcreationerror, if
any? From my test it appears not. When I tried from Chrome on a machine
with a blacklisted GPU troubleshooting tells me

"Click here for WebGL troubleshooting info for Chrome on Windows"

When I click that I get a error page telling me the page is unavailable.

In summary, the FAQ needs to show how to handle the error and
get.webgl.org/troubleshooting needs to use it and display any message
from the browser.

Regards

    -Mark
begin:vcard