[Public WebGL] WebGL and remote desktop

I have discovered that web browsers viewed via Windows remote desktop do not support WebGL even if they are told to ignore the graphics blacklist (or force-webgl-enabled in Firefox case). I have tried both Chrome and Firefox 4.

I am surprised. I thought rendering for remote desktop was done on the remote system, the image scaled and the result transmitted to the local system so I expected WebGL to work. The NVIDIA control panel will not open via remote desktop so I cannot check the driver version but I am pretty sure it is WebGL capable.

The information provided at get.webgl.org needs to include this little tidbit.

Regards

-Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow
n:Callow;Mark
org:HI Corporation;Middleware Development
email;internet:callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660