Re: [Public WebGL] FF4 webgl doesn't work on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

On Mar 11, 2011, at 2:48 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) wrote:

...There is a good reason if a site wants to send users to branded pages to help with their troubles. They might also be in a walled garden or they think our landing pages are too garish or slow or something. The point is, landing pages are good to have, but we also need to provide authors with a good set of tools and let them go nuts.

I don't think we should encourage that though. If a large company wants to spend thousands of dollars tracking down troubleshooting info for every browser and platform combination and translating that into every language nothing is stopping them but most developers will be better served by just directing to those links which will ultimately take users to info relevant for their situation.

Maybe they shouldn't, but lots of commercial websites don't like sending users to another domain. For one thing, they don't have their ad content there. And many sites prefer to open a new browser window when they do send you to another domain, so you don't mistake that content for the company's. Sometimes there are legal ramifications and probably other reasons we know nothing about.

So I don't think "discouraging" the use of a browser validation API  is very practical.

-----
~Chris