[Public WebGL] Chrome 10 regression: 2d canvas over a 3d canvas

I've reported the following bug in the recent update to chrome 10

It basically boils down to painting lags that occur when you paint in a 2d canvas that is composed over a 3d canvas.
I think this is (or will be) a common way to display simple text above a 3d scene. In my game I use it to give the user
indication about the number of lives he has left and messages on what's going on in the game.

- Can anyone else confirm this bug?
- Is there some kind of workaround?
- Any predictions on when this can be fixed? Currently this completely breaks my game from being playable.