Re: [Public WebGL] FF4 webgl doesn't work on ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250

> It would be nice if the browsers could optionally provide more detail
> about the reason the context wasn't available.
>
> In my case if my app could get the information that I had an acceptable
> video card but the driver version was too old and I'd need to update it --
> I'd build that in to my app to provide better info for a user about how to
> get a working version.

I too would like that.  One way I try to deal with that is to redirect the
user to http://get.webgl.org - which at least provides a central point for
detecting, diagnosing and explaining to the end user why he's not getting
any pretty graphics...and perhaps offering advice about what to do about
that.  That web site has gotten a lot better recently - and it's always
the first place I go when I have a machine that won't produce a webgl
context.

There is no good reason for every application to have to handle this
individually.