Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL / Collada demo

On Thu, 10 Mar 2011 18:31:22 +0100, Vangelis Kokkevis <vangelis@google.com> wrote:

Hi Erik,
We've had much better luck with the OpenCollada (http://opencollada.org/)
Maya exporter. That's the one we use for Google Body. Admittedly we
primarily use it to export mesh and material info (normal maps are
definitely exported) so I haven't looked at joint hierarchies and
animations. I'm also sure that it will be way easier to report and fix bugs
on these open source exporters than it is for the built-in one.

Vangelis

Thanks Vangelis, that did the trick! The OpenCollada exporter for Maya gave me the correct values so now I at least know my code was sane and the bug is in the FBX plug-in. I'll set up a simple enough test case that they can't refuse to fix it and submit a bug to Autodesk.
Thanks everyone for your replies BTW, I really appreciate it. I'm still a bit bummed out there's no Open source COLLADA viewer to be found. If there was a download on the feelingsoftware page they sure hid it well. And they claim to be "The Official Viewer for COLLADA Content". If it's not open source that just ain't right! Maybe it's time to contribute to OpenCOLLADA and whip a WebGL-viewer together...I bet this demo I'm working on would make for a great base to build that from once it's completed as it'll be open sourced anyways.

--
Erik Möller
Core Developer