[Public WebGL] Re: [COLLADA] WebGL / Collada demo

Hi Erik,

Autodesk has told me that it provides two email addresses regarding the FBX product:

fbxsdk@autodesk.com
fbxplugins@autodesk.com

... there are also bug report and feature request forms for FBX as referenced from http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/ps/index?siteID=123112&id=14376146&linkID=9241657 . I suggest reporting your issues to either or both of them as well, as appropriate. The FBX product page is going to be your best source of information about it:

http://usa.autodesk.com/adsk/servlet/pc/index?siteID=123112&id=6837478

Please note that Khronos has not yet certified any product as being COLLADA conformant.

~~

Regarding normal maps, COLLADA 1.4 best supports such multi-texturing use cases with standard effect profiles for OpenGL, OpenGL ES, and Cg. COLLADA 1.5 added profiles for OpenGL ES 2.0 (i.e. WebGL) and a bridge to external FX systems like DirectX and CgFX. Software that relies on the limited features of profile COMMON for effects must use extensions to describe non-trivial texturing use cases. For examples of this see the two open source projects: OpenCOLLADA and ColladaMaya; and also the commercial version of ColladaMaya from Feeling Software.

~~

Regarding the animation exports from FBX, besides any bugs it might have ... I also suggest reading the COLLADA 1.5 spec, chapter 4 section on Curve Interpolation, and chapter 5 section on sampler, for clarification on the subject and possible representations.

Regards,
Mark

--
Mark Barnes