Re: [Public WebGL] Volume Textures

GL_OES_texture_3D seems to be unsupported on current iOS hardware,
which means that content using that extension wouldn't be portable to
a significant percentage of mobile devices. For this reason there
currently is no plan to incorporate that extension into the WebGL
registry as a "core" extension. A browser vendor would be welcome to
add it as a vendor-specific extension.

That having been said, the WebGL spec aims to track the OpenGL ES
spec, and we anticipate a revision of the WebGL spec later this year
which is likely to add this functionality.

-Ken