[Public WebGL] Full screen and mouse capture

I can't find the thread to add my comment there, so apologies for the new thread!

I'm watching a video on Vimeo and I notice that the controls change to native when it goes full screen. I presume this is because Vimeo is handing off to Quicktime.

This makes me think... instead of blocking functionality to prevent attacks like click-jacking... what if there was a more limited API like the Quicktime controls, where only known actions can be performed?

Mouse capture can be done by setting the mouse position repeatedly. So if this was done in a new web page it could pop up a Block/Allow for the first attempt to set the mouse position.

Full screen could have a similar request for approval and come with the caveat that the ESC key is not interceptable and will always exit otherwise the window will close.

--
  steve@adam.com.au