Re: [Public WebGL] some samples and a question about looping

I wasn't claiming that WebGL unfolds the loop. Also variables can be
used to terminate loops (with "break"), they just cannot be used in
the condition of the "for" loops. It is my understanding that vertex
and fragment shaders have same control flow (except "discard"),
perhaps I'm missing something? Anyway the issue is that if arbitrary
conditions were allowed in the for-loop, I could make a shader that
won't be unfolded by ATI GL driver. Therefore, the restriction in the
spec has actually forced my program to be less portable than it should
have been.

My shader works fine in Nvidia GL (Win7 and Linux), ANGLE with ATI,
Nvidia and Intel (some unfolding or at least "optimization" seems to
happen in DirectX), so perhaps it works in mobile devices too, at
least with smaller framebuffer size (unless the drivers in mobile
devices try to unroll the loop beyond their resources). On the other
hand, because "long loops" are undefined by the GLSL ES spec, any
shader that uses loops is not required to work on mobile or other
devices.

-- Sami