Re: [Public WebGL] vertexAttribPointer conformance test

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 1:05 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <gman@google.com> wrote:
So I updated the test to test lots of combinations (checked in)

That brings up more questions about the restrictions added in section 6.3

1st) "why the restrictions"

Is there some situation we are trying to prevent that we need to prevent?

2nd) "why not more restrictions"

As currently specified it's possible to set size = 4, type = byte, stride = 1.  So as input to the shader you'll get

vec4 (element0,element1,element2,element3)
vec4 (element1,element2,element3,element4)
vec4 (element5,element6,element7,element8)

This example was wrong. It should have been

vec4 (element0,element1,element2,element3)
vec4 (element1,element2,element3,element4)
vec4 (element2,element3,element4,element5)

3rd) "why INVALID_OPERATION"

wouldn't INVALID_VALUE be more appropriate?