Re: [Public WebGL] Float Vertex Texture Fetch in WebKit

On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 11:04 PM, Evgeny Demidov
<demidov@ipm.sci-nnov.ru> wrote:
> a 2x1024x1024 triangles patch (a step to wave simulation) uses Float RGB (or
> RGBA) Vertex Texture Fetch
> http://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/webgl/big_hat.html
> for gl.LUMINANCE I've got funny but wrong picture (included in the page) in
> Chromium without ANGLE
> http://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/webgl/big_hat1.html

I see the stairstep artifacts there, which looks like a
non-floating-point texture is being allocated. It's possible there's a
bug. However, I also occasionally see a sad-tab page, which I haven't
been able to reproduce in the debugger, indicating another problem.

> for LA I get blue error page (with OOPS).

Does this happen reliably? Can you provide a test case?

> Are there real (no ES) problems in implementation? (e.g. L->Red, LA->RG)

It's certainly possible, but there is not much code in the
implementation of floating-point textures, and no mapping occurring of
e.g. LA -> RG textures.

-Ken