Re: [Public WebGL] GL error on startup.

On Sat, Dec 18, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Steve Baker <steve@sjbaker.org> wrote:
> On my son's EeePC netbook (which has some god-awful Intel processor) -
> using Chrome/ANGLE - I'm getting a GL "Invalid Operation" error right after:
>
>    var gl = canvas.getContext ( "experimental-webgl",
>           {
>             alpha             : false ,
>             antialias         : true  ,
>             depth             : true  ,
>             stencil           : false ,
>             premultipliedAlpha: false } ) ;
>
> ...but it's returning a non-null value for "gl" and if I clear the error
> - everything seems to run OK.   I don't see this problem on other systems.
>
> I thought these parameters were just advisory - there shouldn't be any
> illegal values -right?   Sure the machine doesn't support antialiassing
> - but it's OK to ask...right?

Yes, this sounds like a bug. Does it also happen if you pass the
command line argument --use-gl=desktop ? If not, please file a bug
with the ANGLE project -- sounds like a GL error is being synthesized
when it shouldn't be. Otherwise, please file a bug at
http://crbug.com/ and CC: kbr at chromium.org.

Thanks,