Re: [Public WebGL] writing to OES_texture_float

On 2010-12-16, at 9:53 PM, Mark Callow wrote:

OES_texture_float doesn't actually define the ability to render to
floating point textures.  We do happen to support that in ANGLE, but
it is not a portable behaviour (and will almost certainly not work on
true ES devices).

Then why support it in ANGLE?

1) it was trivial to support.
2) if we don't then people will complain ANGLE is less functional than Desktop GL drivers.

IIMHO it's up to the WebGL WG to determine if what behaviour should be required in WebGL. If it's not renderable the WebGL implementation can disallow it same as it would have to on a Desktop GL driver.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

---
                        Daniel Koch -+- daniel@transgaming.com