Re: [Public WebGL] Extension proposal: WEBGL_lose_context

On Thu, Dec 16, 2010 at 12:14 PM, Alexey Marinichev <amarinichev@google.com> wrote:
Postponing recreating the context until restoreContext is called is
adding extra logic in the implementation that doesn't really add
anything useful.  I'd vote for removing it and simply have loseContext
simulate exactly what happens if WebGL implementation notices that the
context was lost.

The implementation is allowed to keep the context lost for as long as it wants. For example
if there are 2 tabs with webgl apps and the system runs out of vram, an implementation
could issue lost context to both apps, then only restore it to the top tab.

The other tab's app would need to respect that it doesn't get the context back for a long time.
(until that tab comes to the front)