Re: [Public WebGL] writing to OES_texture_float

OES_texture_float doesn't actually define the ability to render to floating point textures.  We do happen to support that in ANGLE, but it is not a portable behaviour (and will almost certainly not work on true ES devices).

LUMINANCE_ALPHA textures are also not renderable in ES 2.0 (and are not in ANGLE).  May desktop GL implementations made them renderable before RG textures were introduced, but that was more of a silent extension, not a requirement.   You should be able to check this via a framebuffer completeness test.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

On 2010-12-16, at 7:51 AM, Evgeny Demidov wrote:

one can write into the RGBA OES_texture_float (good news)
http://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/webgl/barkley_ext.html
(OpenGL/ANGLE score is about 170/60)
but I failed to write into the LUMINANCE_ALPHA texture (is it RG in OpenGL 3.3 ?)
http://www.ibiblio.org/e-notes/webgl/barkley_e2.html
I tried both
  out vec2 FragColor;
  FragColor = vec2(unew, vnew );
and
  gl_FragColor = vec4(unew, unew, unew, vnew );
Couldn't Kenneth Russell look the last script (near the commented lines)?

Evgeny

---
                        Daniel Koch -+- daniel@transgaming.com
Senior Graphics Architect -+- TransGaming Inc.  -+- www.transgaming.com