Re: [Public WebGL] Extension proposal: WEBGL_lose_context

El día 15 de diciembre de 2010 15:59, Gregg Tavares (wrk)
<gman@google.com> escribió:
> Here's the other problem I have with this extension.
> #1) For a JavaScript app to be able to test they handle lost context
>    as pointed out, they can use JavaScript for this
> #2) To be able to write lost context conformance tests
> #3) To test the browser's handing of lost context.
> The problem with but #2 and #3 is that this extension WILL NOT ACHIEVE
> EITHER OF THOSE GOALS.

Failing to test absolutely everything does not imply a failure to test
anything.  Again, why are you arguing so strongly against increased
test coverage?

I'd love to hear any suggestions you have for testing the cases that
you bring up in an automated fashion.  It's frustrating that the only
way so far that we've had to make code that uses glGet more robust was
to have you spend your time performing code inspection at potential
failure sites.

-Adrienne