Re: [Public WebGL] OES_texture_float available

On Wed, Dec 15, 2010 at 4:44 PM, Chris Marrin <cmarrin@apple.com> wrote:

> On Dec 13, 2010, at 10:58 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>
>> The WebGL OES_texture_float extension is now advertised in WebKit
>> nightly and Chromium continuous builds where the hardware is capable
>> of supporting it. The oes-texture-float.html conformance test provides
>> basic verification that the implementation is working.
>
> This is great news! Two questions:
>
> 1) Is Gregg or some other content wizard planning a nice demo using this extension?

Not sure. I've wanted to write a WebGL HDR demo for a really long time
but have been swamped with other work.

> 2) Do you have any data on the coverage for this extension on the various HW/Driver combos?

Sorry, I don't. It worked on the machines I tested it on including a
~3 year old MacBook Pro with a GeForce 8600M GT. As we discussed in
the last working group face-to-face, it has good coverage on the
desktop and on the most popular mobile handsets supporting OpenGL ES
2.0.

-Ken