Re: [Public WebGL] Extension proposal: WEBGL_lose_context

On Dec 13, 2010, at 9:28 AM, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> Having this extension improves the testability of the browser's lost
> context implementation. It would even add value to your wrapper by
> exercising the real code paths the WebGL implementation would use.
>
> I would like to add this extension to the registry and support it in
> Chromium. Vlad, Benoit, is there any interest from Mozilla in
> supporting this extension to exercise your implementation? Tim, how
> about Opera? If there isn't interest from any other vendor then we can
> just use the CHROMIUM_ prefix, but I think it would be useful more
> generally.

I'm interested in it, too. My only thing I'm against is making it normative. I don't mind it having a CHROMIUM_ prefix since you guys created it. I believe there are plenty of NV extensions supported in ATI drivers. But we could also make some sort prefix that means we all agree, but it's not normative. I think WEBGL_ prefixes should be reserved for normative extensions.

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com