Re: [Public WebGL] Ambiguity and Non-deterministicness in the WebGL Spec

On Mon, Dec 13, 2010 at 10:53, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:
> As I pointed out in a previous e-mail not all applications use glClear()
> because their other rendering will fill the entire buffer. In those cases
> following the above is overhead that cannot be optimized away. When I was at
> SGI, we used to go to enormous lengths to make sure the clear operation was
> fast because it has an enormous effect on the overall frame-rate. It feels
> really painful to be introducing extra clears.
>
> I also don't quite understand this part

Same here, also aren't we going towards exposing a
presentFramebuffer() or equivalent?

The paragraph defining how/when the drawing buffer is presented is
confusing at best imho.
When does the compositing happens exactly? Does it always happen right
after the current Javascript timeslice?
Granted a "present()" would probably have to be asynchronous
internally, it provides a very clear definition of frame presentation
semantics.

Regards,