Re: [Public WebGL] WebKitCSSMatrix and WebGL

On 10/12/2010, at 1:18 AM, Chris Marrin wrote:
> The goal of CSSMatrix is to do the most common compute intensive operations. Matrix multiply and inverse are certainly at the top of that list. What other specific functions om Matrix do you think we need?

Here are some ideas from SpiderGL:

	http://spidergl.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/spidergl/src/math_linear_lo.js

I would nominate "add", "subtract", "divide" (for clarity), "length", "normalise", "transpose", "determinant", and quaternion functions... along with the suggestions from Steve Baker for conversion options as I would love to be able to bulk load lots of matrices from binary data.

Incidentally, the naming convention of "selfNegate" etc looks good for distinguishing mutable matrices from the existing functions.

--
  steve@adam.com.au