Re: [Public WebGL] GLSL loops and constant expressions

Unfortunately MRT is more complicated than that.  Ken was correct earlier when he pointed out that MRT doesn't currently exist on OpenGL ES 2.0 systems.  While it looks on the surface that it might be possible to have MRT support form the GLES2 API and SL specs, there really is some missing functionality.   Basically something like ARB_draw_buffers needs to be defined in terms of implementation on OpenGL ES2.

The *only* extensions which have been well-defined in terms of OpenGL ES2 functionality are listed in the GLES registry at http://www.khronos.org/registry/gles/  (and I'd go as far as saying that some of those extensions aren't even well-defined..).  For example it's easy to miss the fact the OES_texture_float doesn't add support for rendering to floating point textures.

Hope this helps,
Daniel

On 2010-12-07, at 11:59 PM, Steve Baker wrote:

I agree with Marco that Multiple
Render Targets would get the most bang-for-buck of any addition - and
strictly, it's not even an extension - just a glGet to tell you the max
number of render targets you're allowed to use would suffice.   I'm not
sure what percentage of hardware out there can support it though.

-- Steve

---
                        Daniel Koch -+- daniel@transgaming.com
Senior Graphics Architect -+- TransGaming Inc.  -+- www.transgaming.com