[Public WebGL] Unused varyings.

I have a vert/frag shader pair that both declare a "varying" - but
neither of them actually use it.

Under Firefox, both varyings are evidently optimized away and everything
works just fine.

In Chrome, it looks like the varying is optimized out - but the linker
stage complains that the frag shader requires a varying that the vert
shader doesn't create...and it doesn't generate a valid shader.

Before I go off and play with testing on a bunch of different
configurations...is this actually a legal thing to do?   It comes about
because I have a bunch of conditional compilation going on for different
render passes, etc.

  -- Steve