[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL extension registry
- To: "Gregg Tavares (wrk)" <email@example.com>, Vladimir Vukicevic <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] WebGL extension registry
- From: Kenneth Russell <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Dec 2010 16:53:12 -0800
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; t=1291683193; bh=v89zwVUL89wlYmCH/GDCQLyb1lk=; h=MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:References:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From: To:Cc:Content-Type; b=CY/XoSYVX05d6aLys3+QLgJ0SqrLjOBw5A5rySlAfttzC0PaCn6QZ4yiaYZQbQ/Me DBT8LqqNvEQGPsdZqxOUw==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=JlA7gKb49XcsGHAP847aMmpiarPjHMGq4Lnelv+XkU0=; b=NEZeYIxn2eM/1mqpCZjyp7OX+UIqBXVKRNxw0CwFK5l/jCVSlEeldBpA4LBbcuwHrC sHmJYcv+eqOAWHlnm+QA==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=google.com; s=beta; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=lilMZ9ThIHUmVlTs2vxEO9O8zrx8HsaVKHM+vf53JwhAF+1AqHBtgVAAQZqtGbHwHa ZFNXJmyAixBqPNwcYvdg==
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTimrbQ7eR22o7nVSpJwfqb1cz6i98WrDR66u5wNO@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: Public WebGL Mailing List <public_webgl.khronos.org>
- References: <AANLkTi=Fs1_d54LHFtkeZtcxyCYVb1uO8nFFmefhDhkn@mail.gmail.com> <AANLkTimrbQ7eR22o7nVSpJwfqb1cz6i98WrDR66u5wNO@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 4:45 PM, Gregg Tavares (wrk) <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> Should these extensions be marked as "draft" given that not even the WebGL
> spec is official yet?
Hmm, it looks like the "Khronos Working Draft" banner might have
gotten lost during recent CSS changes. Vlad, could we add that back?
(Or did I miss it during the initial commit?)
> Also, is there any particular reason the specs limit texImage2D and
> texSubImage2D to only using ArrayBufferView? Given all the conversion that
> happens already for texImage2D with img/video/canvas it seems like it would
> be really simple for implementations to support conversions to float and
> half float like they already convert to 4_4_4_4, 5_6_5 and 5_5_5_1
It's not completely trivial and would double the number of code paths
in some areas. Also, until browsers have built-in support for high
dynamic range image formats, these conversions will just waste space.
For these reasons I think this should be left to a future revision of
> On Mon, Dec 6, 2010 at 10:45 AM, Kenneth Russell <email@example.com> wrote:
>> The WebGL working group is pleased to announce the availability of the
>> WebGL extension registry. The preliminary URL is:
>> This URL is likely to change in the coming weeks. A link to the
>> registry has been added to the references section of the
>> specification, and that link will be kept up to date.
>> OES_texture_float is close to being implemented in WebKit, and we'll
>> post to the list once it is.
>> Specifications for a few more extensions (OES_depth24,
>> OES_standard_derivatives, ...) are planned; see comments in the HTML
>> for the extension registry.
>> You are currently subscribed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
>> To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com with
>> the following command in the body of your email:
You are currently subscribed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com with
the following command in the body of your email: