[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Public WebGL] webgl-bench now has uploads, show aggregate results
- To: Thatcher Ulrich <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] webgl-bench now has uploads, show aggregate results
- From: Steve Baker <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 03 Dec 2010 18:39:51 -0600
- Cc: public webgl <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed; d=sjbaker.org; h=message-id :date:from:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; s=sjbaker.org; bh=oDxoC dEG4J6e+kVNf3yX79xBSNk=; b=d/NGdJp8ZWhD7xFtLEb5CTo92ktYuusXEeS22 cnih0GlYQGLJ4lvPKwL9+G6VfQUqymT53KrsN7gYJ1EyQWSLQukxuNcOF/E4mbzf lBSjMRoTVMcGShnfc4JjZz4TuzniUcRF77Qde1FBN7aeBQ7t5jxXPiawX8+VSWBX w2r2MI=
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=sjbaker.org; h=message-id:date :from:mime-version:to:cc:subject:references:in-reply-to :content-type:content-transfer-encoding; q=dns; s=sjbaker.org; b=lBAk56RxbEAj/8JkRO9XzKSNWb4tHO4RmVjJbHsok8C0lIZcWuELmqMp0n2kr FwhjXYqsuTtP0IrvEhyQYAZStuDJP8hO3wSEC1WhFPQm7146JPP6SFVPRhNbhbWD G0+jz6ySK8pvsCWeobRAwJGeEDDaRuDGyQ7lSRhMXPC8cg=
- In-reply-to: <AANLkTi=Ky-W7-JwFhC7nuAefyokRTcGQjwasEco4UUUf@mail.gmail.com>
- List-id: Public WebGL Mailing List <public_webgl.khronos.org>
- References: <AANLkTi=Ky-W7-JwFhC7nuAefyokRTcGQjwasEco4UUUf@mail.gmail.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
- User-agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux x86_64; en-US; rv:184.108.40.206) Gecko/20100520 SUSE/3.0.5 Thunderbird/3.0.5
Wow! That's a really useful service. Many thanks!
I have some comments (I appreciate that you're not finished yet):
1) You can't come back and see your previous stats - the only option is
to re-run the test AND re-upload the stats - which means that you're
going to get a bunch of duplicates. It would be nice (for example) for
me to be able to tell what difference my shiney new graphics card made
when I install it by comparing my previous stats with the new ones...you
could leave that as a cookie on my machine and thereby avoid having to
have people log in and have passwords and such and de-anonymizing the
2) The page says "The blue lines are the percentiles at 1, 25, 50, 75
and 99." - I see lines and boxes - but it's not really clear what they
mean. (Actually, I figured it out eventually - but not everyone
would). I know (for example) that no machines had a zero for
caps/BLUE_BITS - so the left end of the line can't be the 1st
percentile...which is confusing.
3) It would be most useful if there were a text display of the result so
people can cut/paste it and use the results in software directly...that
would also go some way to address the issue of not being able to re-show
old stats when I re-visit the site because I could cut/paste the results
into a spreadsheet or something.
4) It would be nice to indicate the sample size somewhere.
5) All of the machines I tested under Minefield (both Linux and Windows)
had no green circles for many of the statistics...those same machines
produced believably-placed green circles under Chrome under both OS's.
Are these things that Minefield doesn't yet have a working glGet for?
On 12/03/2010 09:23 AM, Thatcher Ulrich wrote:
> I've been hacking away at webgl-bench and now it shows aggregate
> performance results:
> You can upload your benchmark results (or run the benchmarks without uploading).
> It's still very rough and likely full of bugs, but fun to look at.
> Next TODO is to show breakdowns by browser, OS, GPU vendor, etc.
> Then, more benchmarks covering more interesting stuff.
> You are currently subscribed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
> To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com with
> the following command in the body of your email:
You are currently subscribed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To unsubscribe, send an email to email@example.com with
the following command in the body of your email: