[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [Public WebGL] Quake compatible with recent WebGL implementations
- To: Chris Marrin <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: Re: [Public WebGL] Quake compatible with recent WebGL implementations
- From: Kenneth Russell <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 2 Dec 2010 10:44:11 -0800
- Cc: Mark Callow <firstname.lastname@example.org>, public webgl <email@example.com>
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha1; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; t=1291315453; bh=vj0SCbQcGzOzexWfWGkFspSkZ5s=; h=MIME-Version:In-Reply-To:References:Date:Message-ID:Subject:From: To:Cc:Content-Type; b=pxlzovjRvdovWokeSWzSXXWw/elknx97a9aL3DMhJH32O9nMXUK0X1R80xXPFEs+8 wnepP2Xu2NzK/acICTw5w==
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=google.com; s=beta; h=domainkey-signature:mime-version:received:received:in-reply-to :references:date:message-id:subject:from:to:cc:content-type; bh=6OwWP8pCQhVsm9jka37GR/TCzK5iifm72lq6INuPMSM=; b=PiH/5+VWRvfv0uWPycbeVtUD5c9hWEEGaQA1W3daPa99qJ60dEGkp/yRvbFuijdpvi 7ymtOInArzio0oqk7JrA==
- Domainkey-signature: a=rsa-sha1; c=nofws; d=google.com; s=beta; h=mime-version:in-reply-to:references:date:message-id:subject:from:to :cc:content-type; b=dYPo78LvgMrl998A3TW1h60RQ8Oq9lEYk4yI8GKkLsC4Prx5Ov/p2Acj88JL/mairK iJYejv/ldrPGfb5AHwgg==
- In-reply-to: <447162CB-E853-4E7C-A88C-AD58DE8D3CAD@apple.com>
- List-id: Public WebGL Mailing List <public_webgl.khronos.org>
- References: <4CEC954A.firstname.lastname@example.org> <AANLkTino5OvJWgpDBvHiFKY2tUvJufR2S_Yi1Cvjgxjj@mail.gmail.com> <72C90851-AF3C-4A91-872C-4E4C68F9E2D9@apple.com> <AANLkTimRSSZcdgsKuqso5khcDR_nasQ_het__Ld7zuSn@mail.gmail.com> <447162CB-E853-4E7C-A88C-AD58DE8D3CAD@apple.com>
- Sender: email@example.com
On Thu, Dec 2, 2010 at 10:35 AM, Chris Marrin <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> On Dec 1, 2010, at 12:09 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>> On Wed, Dec 1, 2010 at 11:49 AM, Chris Marrin <email@example.com> wrote:
>>> On Nov 24, 2010, at 2:04 PM, Kenneth Russell wrote:
>>>> On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 8:32 PM, Mark Callow <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>>>>> Is there a hosted version of WebGL Quake available that works with current
>>>>> browsers? The one at http://tatari.se:8080/GwtQuake.html gives a page saying
>>>>> "WebGL Support Required" when tried with FF4b7 and Chrome 9.
>>>>> Is the source on Google Code up-to-date with the latest implementations?
>>>> I've verified it runs in top of tree Chromium (tested on Mac OS X).
>>> Fails on TOT WebKit. Hmmmmm...
>> I just tested my quake2-gwt-port build (about a week old now) with TOT
>> WebKit and it works fine on 10.6.
> I was talking about the link above which gives me "WebGL support required" and the extremely descriptive error log of "Failed to load resource: cancelled" in gwtquake/145205A6B37E69830A60D5EB91291985.cache.html.
> Maybe that site is out of date. But that brings up the real question of why isn't anyone hosting the game? Are there legal restrictions?
Yes, there are. The media (textures, models, sounds) are copyrighted
and can't be redistributed. If someone hosted the engine with a
user-created level, that would plausibly be OK.
You are currently subscribed to email@example.com.
To unsubscribe, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with
the following command in the body of your email: