I had seen that. I was confused by the juxtapositioning of your comment
with Ken's statement that we would push for implementations to have more
than minimum values for things such as max uniform vectors. I thought
you were claiming increasing such values would leak 10 bits of info via
the get commands.

As I pointed out and you also discussed in a later message, the number
of combinations of different values for the minimum maxima found across
devices and implementations is probably nowhere near the number of
different devices and implementations.

I still think your enable flag idea is the way to go. As I've already
said a couple of times applications that really care can ask users to
enable it, if they discover it is disabled.

fn:Mark Callow
title:Chief Architect
tel;work:+81 3 3710 9367 x228
tel;fax:+81 3 5773 8660