> The problem with exposing RENDERER/VERSION strings "temporarily" is
> that historically people have made bizarre inferences based on the
> existence of single pieces of information. This leads to the needing
> to be around forever.

Well, right now, Firefox is not exposing any graphics card info in these strings, and I wasn't suggesting to temporarily do so, I was just saying that we'll see if web apps make any productive use of the RENDERER strings returned by other browsers and we'll maybe reconsider then.

But you make a good point: maybe we should not even return "Mozilla" in these strings, maybe an empty string is all what we should return as long as we don't return the graphics card information.

Benoit