----- Original Message -----
> If we have to do something - I'd prefer a simple check-box in
> Preferences/Privacy saying:
>
> [ ] Hide graphics card/driver details from online applications.
> (WARNING: May significantly degrade graphics performance)

I would essentially be OK with this, provided that the default is to hide.

I would turn this into a more general option like "Allow Web pages to obtain information about my computer system", unchecked by default, and I wouldn't print a performance warning there.

Yes, content would be able to tell if it's checked by checking the RENDERER value --- "Mozilla" would mean we're not allowing content to get system information. We could even agree on a browser-agnostic string like an empty string.

I will probably take this to a firefox mailing list since this is no longer WebGL discussion.

Cheers,
Benoit