> In the case of the example I gave - I don't see how you CAN fix this
> in
> WebGL. There are many areas of OpenGL where this problem arises - I'm
> going to continue to use the vertex texture example - but there are
> MANY
> others.

Have you looked at my ACCELERATION_STATUS proposal in my previous email? I had your use case in mind, and was also aware that this would be just one of many others, possibly too many for us to try to handle in the browser implementation, that's why I proposed to settle for a coarser acceleration-status detection. I realize that it wouldn't allow you to tweak your rendering as finely as you could with the RENDERER etc strings, but I argued that this should be enough. What's your opinion on this?

Cheers,
Benoit