>>> For example, webgl-bench outputs the following (from page at
>>> http://webgl-bench.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/js/index.html):
>>>
>>> userAgent = Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; Intel Mac OS X 10_6_4; en-US)
>>> AppleWebKit/534.8 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/7.0.526.0 Safari/534.8
>>> gl.VERSION = OpenGL ES 2.0 Chromium
>>> gl.VENDOR = NVIDIA Corporation
>>> gl.RENDERER = NVIDIA GeForce GT 330M OpenGL Engine
>>> gl.SHADING_LANGUAGE_VERSION = OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0 Chromium

Looking at the chromium version strings i'm also somewhat worried about potentially introducing yet another useragent-like saga of badness.  I'm also not sure why it's a chromium version -- the GL and Shading Language versions should not be effected by the browser (that's the whole point of this spec), so it should simply be reported as "OpenGL ES GLSL ES 1.0" in all WebGL implementations.  Conceivably it could have "WebGL" in the version string somewhere given the constraints placed on it vs. native ES.

--Oliver