Re: [Public WebGL] Re: double-buffering and back buffer preservation

> Doesn't this block usage of EXT_discard_framebuffer as it would
> require an additional/unnecessary "clear" ?
No, because that clear can happen lazily if no user clear happens before the next draw call.

Not all applications use Clear. They may be using a full screen quad or a sky-box or something else to paint their backgrounds so the clear could indeed be additional and unnecessary. But in the web environment I suppose it is unavoidable.

Regards

-Mark

begin:vcard
fn:Mark Callow