Re: [Public WebGL] Re: double-buffering and back buffer preservation

On Fri, Nov 19, 2010 at 03:38, Vladimir Vukicevic <vladimir@mozilla.com> wrote:
> - A context attribute will be added, provisionally called preserveDrawbuffers, which will default to false.
> - When a present occurs:
> Â- if preserveDrawbuffers is FALSE: the color/stencil/depth buffers are set to the default values.

What are "default values" ?
Doesn't this block usage of EXT_discard_framebuffer as it would
require an additional/unnecessary "clear" ?

> Â- if preserveDrawbuffers is TRUE: the color/stencil/depth are untouched.

Do I understand correctly that the context attribute would be writable
at any time?
It introduces a precedent as all other attributes are creation-time
only, not that I object strongly to that but looks a bit out of place
imho.

How about enable/disable a new capability enum PRESERVE_DRAW_BUFFERS_WEBGL ?

Regards,