Re: [Public WebGL] tex-image-and-sub-image-2d-with-video

On Thu, 18 Nov 2010 05:43:46 +0100, Mark Callow <callow_mark@hicorp.co.jp> wrote:

This piqued my interest. Unfortunately it doesn't run on FF4b7 - get an
empty video window. Problem is

    Warning: WebGL: getUniformLocation: program: null object passed as
    argument
    Source File:
    https://cvs.khronos.org/svn/repos/registry/trunk/public/webgl/sdk/tests/conformance/tex-image-and-sub-image-2d-with-video.html
    Line: 33

In Chrome it is not very visually interesting; no video is shown only,
momentarily, the video control bar. It also fails most of the tests.

Maybe I need to do something other than click in the .html file in the
test repository. (I had already seen Adrienne's message before I tried
this, so I should be using the fixed version.)

Does anyone have a working example of video to a texture in a Canvas 3D?

Regards

    -Mark

Hi, I noted a small mistake in tex-image-and-sub-image-2d-with-video.
The video element is set to autoplay which means that the video has
already started when the event listener is added in body onload. The
TC currently times out, removing the autoplay it works fine as it's
calling video.play() immediately after adding the event listener.

Hi Mark, I have one running in Opera, but alas we haven't released a labs build containing WebGL.
We don't have a date set for the release yet, but we're hard at work getting WebGL up to spec.

--
Erik Möller
Core Developer