Re: [Public WebGL] Getting FF4 to use ANGLE

My son's netbook has the GMA 950 chip - it runs WebGL in Chrome - but
not (so far) in Firefox/Minefield.

Intel graphics drivers are definitely not the best of the bunch and the
GMA 950 is decidedly borderline for WebGL.   The hardware doesn't
support vertex shaders - so the driver runs them in the CPU and hence
your vertex performance rates are poor by desktop standards (Do you
remember the days before hardware transform and lighting?...Think
that!).  It has hardware fragment shaders - but they are severely
limited.  I have to use greatly simplified shaders to get them to
compile on the GMA 950. The pixel fill rate is abysmal - so you'll want
to stick with small windows and simple shaders.

The only OpenGL support for that chip is OpenGL1.4 - which is a
pre-shader API and therefore doesn't support WebGL at all.

ANGLE is the only option for this chip.

I really wish Intel would get out of the graphics business!

Having said that, it does run my game - albeit at only about 9 frames a
second in a small window and 4 frames a second full-screen.

  -- Steve