[Public WebGL] Delay display of WebGL?

When I'm clicking through my news feeds, I've noticed that my web browser gets busy and crashes as I reach the WebGL parts. Having a quick look shows that WebGL starts working immediately, so the demo pages are firing off before I've gotten around to looking at them.

Flash delays until it becomes the front window, which is how I can open many tabs while not having a problem. Would it be worth doing the same for WebGL, as most WebGL demos tend to be fairly intensive as a way of demonstrating a new feature and how much it can do.

Once again, I think my old machine is being a guinea pig as the demos are intended to run on GPU but some of them will run on my CPU instead. However I think the problem is real, and a quick fix now could help improve the initial reaction that people have to WebGL?

--
  steve@adam.com.au