I, for one, am not prepared to sign off on something like this based on what feels like a very sketchy description and no explanation of how an application is supposed to handle this situation. Furthermore I share Cedric's concern that most authors will not handle it.

In native GL app's I let my resize event handler deal with resizing things to whatever size the window system or user has permitted. If I understand correctly, in the WebGL case the resize events are based on the canvas size, therefore special handling is needed for this error condition. How exactly does the application handle the condition.

I am already having a hard time achieving what I'd like to do regarding canvas size due to having to specify the size in pixels - an insane idea given the wide variety of displays we have to deal with.

Regards

-Mark