On Sep 28, 2010, at 11:45 AM, Kenneth Russell wrote:

> This is similar to the behavior of CanvasRenderingContext2D in
> several ways: the fact that the backing store size doesn't need to
> match the canvas's size, and the fact that CSS styling can stretch the
> canvas. Throwing an exception during canvas resizing is undesirable
> since the entire web site is likely to stop working, where it could
> "mostly work" otherwise.

Sorry, this made me wonder if something has changed recently -- Originally the behaviour of the ewbgl context was meant to be identical to that of the 2d context: the width/height attributes of a canvas only effect the size of the buffer, the onscreen size of the canvas is determined by css rules applied to the element.  The default css size for a canvas element is the pixel size of the buffer, but other than that they are not necessarily correlated.  Has this changed?

That said i have a slight concern about silently choosing a different size for the buffer, and that is what happens if the app calls readPixels after a different sized backing store was chosen.

--Oliver