[Public WebGL] Immutable variant of ArrayBuffer

In the current discussion of adding ArrayBuffer access to XHR, Maciej brought up the point that an immutable variant of ArrayBuffer would allow the raw XHR response buffer to be used directly with a copy. To do  this we would need an immutable version of ArrayBuffer as well as all of the views. These would omit all the setters, but would otherwise be the same.

Maciej also brings up the good point that such immutable types would make it possible to pass data to Workers without having to deal with thread-safe copy-on-write semantics.

I think we should add this functionality to the spec. Any thoughts about this, or on how we could integrate immutability into the spec the most cleanly?

-----
~Chris
cmarrin@apple.com