Re: [Public WebGL] Minefield brings system to halt: ANGLEWebKitBridge crashes WebKit

On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 10:28 AM, Johannes Behr
<johannes.behr@igd.fraunhofer.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>>> In Chromium top of tree on Windows Vista 64 with NVIDIA hardware and
>>> running on top of ANGLE (r429),
>>> http://www.x3dom.org/x3dom/example/x3dom_composedShader.xhtml renders
>>> correctly, but http://x3dom.org/x3dom/example/x3dom_shadows.xhtml
>>> shows up with all black geometry. There is definitely a bug somewhere
>>> because with --use-gl=desktop the shadows example renders. At minimum
>>> the behavior should be identical, though I can't say without a smaller
>>> test case which behavior is correct.
>>
>> In case it's useful this example renders correctly in WebKit TOT.
>
> But there are some strange ANGLE crashes now on WebKit/Mac.
> They all end up in the ANGLEWebKitBridge code (See the attached crash report)
>
> They are hard to reproduce since the same content sometime works
> and sometimes not. Even very simple example crash right now.

ANGLEWebKitBridge::~ANGLEWebKitBridge() is calling ShFinalize(), which
should only be called upon process termination (if at all -- operating
systems will take care of the necessary resource cleanup). The simple
fix is just to delete this call.

-Ken